Tuesday 12 July 2016

Tony Baker







About Tony Baker:

People describe my photography as poignant, evocative and sometimes just plain quirky –­ but all those reactions are just fine with me. My vintage shots were taken during the late 1950s, when the aftermath of war was still very much in evidence; and throughout the 60s when England’s social revolution was at its height. Captured mainly on the city streets of Coventry and Bristol, there was no master plan and the images were simply my reaction to life as it happened, shot on an art student’s whim and limited budget. Back then I used Ilford and Kodak roll films, including HP4, HP5 and Tri-X, and the grainy look of the bigger enlargements is characteristic of pictures from those times – adding that ‘retro magic’ that has become so fashionable. I will be adding more and more vintage images as I digitise them. Today my street photography still has no master plan, just a viewpoint on modern life, processed through the radically different camera equipment of a new digital age. All images copyright Tony Baker 2015.








Rugby, Warwickshire - United Kingdom






No comments:

Post a Comment