Tuesday 12 July 2016

Natalie Kinnear - C of L - Artist's Directory











About Natalie Kinnear:

I am British and am based in West Sussex in the South East of England. I've been married for nearly 30 years and have four grown up children. I am absolutely passionate about animals and we have four wonderful rescue dogs who are totally loved and spoiled. I have been involved in dog rescue on and off in one way or another for many years.

As far as photography goes, well I've been learning about it for well over 10 years and enjoy it immensely. To be able to do something I love so much as my work is a real privilege. My main interest lies in creative photography, but I also enjoy subjects such as dogs (obviously), abstracts and nature, especially flowers. I also particularly enjoy macro photography.

I use my photography to create images and designs for print and canvas wall art both for the home and for larger interior design schemes such as businesses and hotels. I also thoroughly enjoy designing greeting cards, my best sellers being humorous ones featuring dogs - well I do have four very capable and willing models here at home and their modelling fees are extremely reasonable :)

I had been interested in photography for some time when, in 2003, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. On that awful day my husband and I went straight from the consultant's office to the camera shop and bought my first DSLR which, at the time, we could barely afford. Also not long after diagnosis I decided to embark upon a home study photography diploma course. It was my way of looking forwards and setting myself goals for the future.

It worked very well, I got through my treatment and am now, at the time of writing this, nearly ten years clear, so, fingers crossed ... Not to mention that I totally enjoyed the course. For every module of course work I did, I must have read goodness knows how many books around the subject. I simply loved it and am pleased to say that I did end up passing the course with a commendation.

As time went on I progressed my photography work with relish including writing a few articles for Photography Monthly Magazine, which is quite a well known Photography magazine in the UK. However, I have to admit that I didn't find writing about photography nearly as much fun as actually doing photography, so article writing for magazines is not something that I have pursued.

In 2008 I was very pleased when I had my first series of images accepted by UK Art Consultants, Indigo Art. That series was 'The Cutlery Set' series, which does seem to get a fair bit of attention and has gone on to be my most successful series to date. I now have several series of images with Indigo Art.

Because I have my work with internet Print on Demand companies - or PODs as they're known - I have had print sales world wide. It is always a huge pleasure and privilege for me to think that people have chosen my images to put on their wall.

If you have any questions about my work please do contact me and I will get back to you as quickly as possible and if you would like to stay in touch and keep an eye on my new work and special offers please visit and like my Facebook page at the LINK:








Sussex - United Kingdom








No comments:

Post a Comment